Date: January 7, 2021
JOB TITLE: Graphic Designer/Video Editor/Visual Designer/Interactive Designer
ROLE OVERVIEW: Design and create graphic and media material for outreach and education for predominately disability-related issues. Please submit your resume and related portfolio samples for consideration!
Contact: Executive Director, Debbie Dietz – Debbie@justdigit.org
LOCATION: Remote Position – Note: MUST have online portfolio link.
- Creates designs, concepts, and sample layouts, based on knowledge of layout principles and esthetic design concepts.
- Determines size and arrangement of illustrative material for informational materials, format and arranges copy and selects style and size of type.
- Develops layouts and designs for PowerPoint or Prezi presentations.
- Creates social media and computer-based graphic announcements for programs and services.
- Develops graphics and layouts for website as well as organization of content.
- Edits video and sound in media presentations, as well as editing and adding graphic design elements.
- Ensuring that all electronic media and services are WCAG-2.1 and Section 508 compliant.
- Prepares illustrations or rough sketches of material.
- Works with DIG staff to integrate copy and graphics effectively.
- Develop intuitive, usable, and engaging interactions and visual designs incorporating disability culture.
- Stay in the loop and on top of the latest standards, changes, trends in the accessible design and universal design field.
*The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Experience as a Graphic Designer
- In-depth understanding of disability culture and disability etiquette.
- Knowledge with web accessibility standards including familiarity with WCAG 2.1 and Section 508, creating readable PDF’s, and creating accessible content for various platforms.
- Strong graphic design skills, with a good understanding of typography, intuitive layouts, and palate development
- Excellent understanding of user-experience design with a strong ability to recognize and predict use-cases and user interaction
- Proven ability to deliver high quality designs
- Excellent communication skills able to work directly with customers at all levels of an organization
- A team player who can easily adapt in a rapidly changing environment and work well with remote teams
- Hands-on experience with graphic design and motion graphics/video editing tools such as:
- Adobe Acrobat DC
- Premiere Pro
- Constant Contact
- Excellent communication skills
- Critical thinking
- Active learning
- Judgment and decision making
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite including Adobe Acrobat
- Proficiency in creating accessible Microsoft Office documents and readable PDF’s.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
- This is a part-time job, 20 hours/week
- Salary: $25-$30/hour or comparable to experience
- Benefits: Worker’s Compensation
Disability Independence Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment opportunities at Disability Independence Group are based upon one’s qualifications and capabilities to perform the essential functions of a particular job. All employment opportunities are provided without regard to race, religion, sex, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.